The rehab I went to was really good. I went to Avery's House. It was welcoming, accepting, and they really do care about us. It was literally a house so it didn't feel like a hospital or treatment center at all.
A safe & supportive place to heal
Avery’s House is a teen mental health treatment center in Arizona. Our specialized professionals work with adolescents to evaluate, diagnose, & support various mental health conditions, including OCD. We provide a non-judgemental, LGBTQA+ friendly environment where teens can safely begin or continue their treatment.
Does my child need help
Only a mental health professional can diagnose obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). The sooner it is diagnosed, the faster it can be treated. If you think your teen is showing signs of OCD, don’t ignore it. Talk to a trained professional at Avery’s House about how we can help.
Some 70% of people with OCD have a co-occurring mental health disorder
Common symptoms of OCD in teens
OCD isn’t always easy to detect because it develops and worsens over time. Obsessive-compulsive behaviors are often illogical, excessive, disruptive, and time-consuming. Here are some signs and symptoms of OCD in adolescents:
- Re-checking if things are right, clean, locked, etc.
- Rewriting, redoing & rereading things like homework
- Counting and recounting things
- Constant worry that something bad is going to happen
- Slow to leave the house due to routine
- Handwashing to the point of damaged or bleeding skin
- Hoarding objects
- Need for order, symmetry, or prevision
What causes OCD?
Like other mental health disorders, there is no definitive cause of OCD. A person can develop compulsive behaviors to cope with the anxiety & stress of obsessions. Risk factors that may increase your child’s risk of developing OCD include:
- Stressful or traumatic event
- Learned fears and behaviors from a family member
- Age and gender
Avery's House promotes healing and growth through the work of our team and the excellence of our program.
Josh Lemieux – Admissions
Treatment at Avery’s House
Our team of experienced mental health professionals will work with you and your child to set goals. Together we’ll develop a personalized treatment plan based on their specific needs and you’ll learn how to effectively provide the support they need. Treatment could include:
- Behavior therapies & prolonged exposure activities with experienced pediatric psychiatrists and psychologists
- Tools to help ease stress and anxiety
- Family therapy and one-on-one sessions
- Medication to help raise serotonin levels in the brain
As part of our Teen OCD Treatment Program, our services include: