Teen Anxiety Treatment
For adolescents 11-18 years old
- Understand how teen anxiety works
- Learn to cope and manage it
- Get the relief you need
- Make positive change that lasts
Avery House leads the industry in creating a path for your children to achieve their goals and step into the next phases of their life with confidence.
A safe & supportive place to heal
Avery’s House is a teen mental health treatment home in Arizona. Our specialized professionals work with adolescents to evaluate, diagnose, & support various mental health conditions, including anxiety. We provide a non-judgmental, LGBTQA+ friendly environment where teenagers can safely begin or continue their treatment.
Does my child need help?
If anxiety is affecting your teen’s quality of life, it may be time to get help. While only a clinician or mental health professional can diagnose an anxiety disorder, parents/guardians are often in the best position to spot early warning signs and get their children the help they need.
Anxiety is the second most diagnosed mental disorder in children ages 3-17
Common anxiety symptoms in teens
Anxiety is the body’s natural response to perceived danger. Although anxiety is meant to protect us, it can also become a problem when it is triggered often and when there is no real danger. Common signs and symptoms of an anxiety disorder include:
- Excessive worry about everyday things or activities
- Irritability, restlessness, fatigue
- Difficulty focusing
- Difficulty sleeping
- Muscle tension or soreness, headaches
- Sweating or heart pounding
- Excessive bathroom use
- Suicidal thoughts
What causes teen anxiety?
Anxiety in teens can come in many shapes and sizes, and it does not always have a definitive cause. It can be triggered or worsened by any combination of risk factors. Here are some of the most common:
- Brain chemistry
- Early traumatic experiences
- Consistent stress
- Social influence
- Nutrition or food sensitivities (e.g. caffeine)
Avery's House promotes healing and growth through the work of our team and the excellence of our program.
Josh Lemieux – Admissions
Teenage anxiety therapy at Avery’s House
Our experienced mental health professionals will work with you and your child to set goals. Together we’ll develop a personalized treatment plan based on their needs, and you’ll learn how to effectively provide the support they need. Treatment could include:
- A personalized plan to suit your child’s needs
- Learning skills to cope with stress and depression
- Accessing tools to support and empower your teenager
- Working with experienced pediatric psychiatrists and psychologists in family therapy or one-on-one sessions
As part of the Teen Anxiety Treatment Program, our services include: